People, Systems, and Wedges
A thinking routine for exploring systems and finding paths for action
- Identify a system and ask:
- What are the parts and the people in the system?
- How do the people in the system interact with each other and with the parts of the system?
- What are the elements/aspects of the system that block change?
- What are the elements or aspect of the system that could be opened for change?
- How might change in these elements of the system affect the various parts and people connected to the system?
Source: ID & Global, Project Zero
For more information go visit the Project Zero toolbox.
© 2019 President and Fellows of Harvard College and Project Zero. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND). This license allows users to share this work with others, but it cannot be used commercially