People, Systems and Wedges
A thinking routine for exploring systems and finding paths for action
- Identify a system and ask:
- What are the parts and the people in the system?
- How do the people in the system interact with each other and with the parts of the system?
- What are the elements/aspects of the system that block change?
- What are the elements or aspect of the system that could be opened for change?
- How might change in these elements of the system affect the various parts and people connected to the system?