Re-Imagining Migration’s educator toolkit includes a set of essential resources for creating culturally responsive learning environments for all students – immigrant-origin youth and their peers. The resources in this toolkit promote skills, dispositions, and understandings to help the rising generation navigate a world of migration and change. As you will see, the materials included draw from social and emotional learning, best practices for English Learners, civic education, and global competence among others. Included in this toolkit are:
- 5 Steps for Creating Welcoming and Inclusive Schools: Research-based practices for schools and other educational institutions for supporting immigrant-origin students.
- A Guide to Creating Curriculum: Using key elements of Re-Imagining Migration’s practice, this guide will prepare you to design lessons, curriculum, and other learning opportunities to prepare young people to navigate a world of migration and change.
- A Culturally Responsive Teaching Checklist: This guide draws from research into culturally responsive teaching in order to promote reflection on the relationship between what we are teaching and the students we are teaching.
- Moving Stories: An Educator’s Guide to Connecting and Engaging Our Moving Stories: This guide will prepare educators to create brave spaces where learners are empowered to share their migration stories in order to build bridges across identities and experiences.
- The Re-Imagining Migration Learning Arc