Student Civic Challenge
Civic Issue: In the fall of 2020, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services updated the citizenship test that people wishing to become citizens must pass.
Connection to the Re-Imagining Migration Learning Arc:
- Adjustment: How do newcomers come to understand the new land and their place in it over time?
- Turning to Action: How might we use our voice and spheres of influence to create welcoming and inclusive communities?
- What are the characteristics of a citizen that you seek to measure?
- Are there ideas that all citizens need to know, understand, and be ready to act upon?
- Read about the new test. What do you consider the purpose is a citizenship test?
- Take a sample citizenship test and create your own.
- Is a test the best way to become a citizen? Can you think of other ways people should be able to qualify for citizenship?